Monday, December 3, 2007

Catching up

I know, I know...

I'm behind with my Avalanche blogging. Truth is I've only been able to catch um... none out of the last three games. That hurts me a lot more than it hurts you, I tell you what! You know how I love to ramble on about nothing in particular via a cyber medium.

So, a little dose of reality here. My father in law is in the hospital right now. Not good stuff. And with school - the happy-holiday-humbug time of year - and life in general, a lot of the "fun" parts of my days are being put aside for a bit. Nothing to stress about. It'll all be back to All Systems Normal any day now.

Until then, I've decided to do some uber-blogging to catch myself up and put myself over the top, hockey wise. Here are the last three games in a nutshell…

we lost.

we lost.

we won.

Wait. I take that back. I did see bits and pieces of the Sharks game, come to think of it. I have these blazing images of Joe Thornton flashing all over the ice so I did catch a bit of the game. Hejduk scored a beautiful short handed goal (I DID get to see that, it was something worth smiling about). And did my eyes deceive me or did Capt. Joe score on a power play???? Yes, yes I knew we would finally remember how that was done!

Now for power blogging, prediction style. The next 6 games on the Av's schedule will go as follows:

Win, someone will break a stick and Budaj will yell profanity at several opposing forwards.

Win, someone will get injured yet still play out the final minutes holding his own teeth in his glove.

Win, but someone will slack on his shift and get sent down to Lake Erie, coach Q will be in a grumpy mood, double practices for the next three days.

Win, someone will get called up from Lake Erie, coach Q will wear his lucky pink tie again.

Win, someone will try to punch Finger in the face, or Finger will try to punch someone else in the groin.

And

Win, because aside from what you may think of me, I AM the eternal optimist!!!

Hee hee.

Sorry for the lame blog. Will try to regroup and come out with something worthwhile and entertaining soon.

And on some non-hockey related news… It *is* officially winter now. Know how I know that? The Mountain Lion warnings have been posted on Green Mountain. Yes, winter is officially here when the cats come down to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment