Tuesday, February 26, 2008

THIS is what heaven must feel like....

Ok, first Stastny is back, healthy. Then we sign Peter the Great for the rest of the year. How could it get better? I posed that exact question to a fellow hockey fan last night and his response? We sign Foote again. Ha ha (I laughed), yeah we sign Foote.

So what the hell happened an hour ago?????

WE SIGNED FOOTE!!!!


I feel like a teary-eyed starlette receiving her first Academy Award. I'd like to thank the organization for making such strong decisions... I'd like to thank Foote for being avalable for this merger... I'd like to thank the fans for believing....

Oh hell, just read about it.....

Colorado Acquires Adam Foote
Colorado Avalanche
Feb 26, 2008, 1:32 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club announced today that it has acquired defenseman Adam Foote from the Columbus Blue Jackets. In exchange for his services, the Avalanche gives up the rights to a conditional first-round draft choice in 2008 or 2009 and a conditional fourth-round choice in 2009.

"We're extremely pleased to announce to our fans that Adam Foote is returning to the Avalanche," said Avalanche Executive Vice President and General Manager Francois Giguere. "His veteran presence and proven leadership abilities will be a tremendous boost to our entire team as we head into a crucial time of our season. His presence on our blue line gives us an increased physical presence for the stretch drive."

"Colorado has always been a special place for me and my family," said Foote. "I have some amazing memories of my time there and the fans have always been great. I'm looking forward to getting back and helping the team compete for a playoff spot."

Drafted originally by the Quebec Nordiques (22nd overall) in the 1989 Entry Draft, Foote, 36, played 13 seasons with the franchise. His 799 games played with the organization ranks him third on the all-time list. Foote's 234 points is second among franchise defensemen. He played in 154 playoff games with the organization, second most behind Joe Sakic.

No comments:

Post a Comment