Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Impressions of Lost Season 6

Lots of cool thoughts about Lost after watching this first episode of the 6th and final season. But the first run through felt a lot like being on a roller coaster going down hill at full speed, zipping around turns and twists, getting rush after rush, only to come rolling into the "station" at a complete stop all too soon.

I sat down last night (6 days after my first watch) and tried to pick up on more subtleties. Here are some thoughts:

*Jack, a spinal surgeon and Locke, a paraplegic have been stranded on the island together for all these years. How was that connection get lost on me?

*We had to watch Juliette die? AGAIN? As if once wasn't enough. However... going dutch for coffee??? I totally believe that Juliette and Sawyer's paths will cross in our sideways timeline. They will get coffee. Juliette will offer to go dutch. Sawyer will pay :)

*Hurley - you go man. I have a gun and I know how to use it! LMAO - he's the best!

*UnLocke - Sorry you had ot see me like that. BEST line of the night. That was awesome. So Locke = Smokie. I'm not surprised. What does that mean for the Locke body on the beach? Smokie doesn't need the body to become the persona. So who else has Smokie been all this time? Why does the person need to be dead before he inhabits their form if he doesn't need their body?

*Jacob / Man in Black - still don't know wtf. Will wait a bit longer to throw out any decent theories.

*New timeline - I like it, but it's also a bit weird. I believe the two will mesh and we see that the LA timeline is actually where we pick up at the end of our on island timeline (thus giving us some answers as to what happens once the group finally gets off the island).

*Sayid - Why did the other others have to get him out of his Dharma jumpsuit before putting him in the water? They didn't have to remove his dirty, smelly, bloody black clothes. But specifically the Dhamra garb. Why?

*Other Others - they kinda make me laugh. I hope they become a bit more palatable soon. They seem comic in nature. But that may just be me.

*UnLocke telling Ben that he "wants to go home" and that he's the only one on the island who truly did. What about Rose and Bernard. They didn't want to go home.

Ok, more on Lost after tonight's episode - What Kate Does.

No comments:

Post a Comment