Friday, November 2, 2007

Sidney Crosby Comes to Town

So I was a little worried about our perfect home ice record when I saw that the Penguins were coming to town. Sidney Crosby is, after all, the biggest thing in hockey right now. He was first pick of the '05 draft, was a leading scorer for the '06 season (6th overall), he was named team Captain at the age of 19, was the Hart trophy winner last year, and is an absolutely phenomenal playmaker. Yeah, he's good.

I'm trying to imagine what my life would be like if I had myself so put together by the age of 20. Wow. We won't go there :)

So back to hockey...

After 2 goals from mighty Mr. Crosby in the first period I had to turn off the TV. I was sure this was bad news for my team (and that's big because I NEVER doubt my team!!!). Luckily, I also had the score tally going on my internet screen. Within 3 and a half minutes time span during the second period the Avs had scored three goals to take the lead, which they held onto for the rest of the game. Hot damn! And I missed it!!!! That's why I love game night replays on Altitude. You can watch the whole game over again which is good for those who missed something the first time (or for those who are hockey obsessed like me). Now, don't make fun - it's 60 minutes of happiness that comes roughly three times a week for 7-8 months of the year. It brings a smile to my face (and that doesn't happen a lot lately)! Hey, I could be doing worse things!!!

Check out these cool game facts for the evening:

Capt. Joe is on a six game point streak (1 goal and 8 assists).

Tonight was Ryan Smith's 800th NHL game. Think of getting pounded into the boards maybe 10 to 20 times a game, times 800 games... That's something to be proud of right there!

The grinders were the play makers for the Avs tonight -- very important for this season I think.

The Avs home record is now 6-0 which matched the 94-95 Nordiques franchise record for consecutive home victories to start the season.

Next game is Saturday at 8pm!

PS - Stastny, don't let Crosby get his elbow up in your face like that again! Show that talented little punk who's boss! And I mean that with the utmost admiration and respect toward Crosby. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment