Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Who’s On Top?

Of the NW Division, that is?!?!!

Why, the Colorado Avalanche, of course!!!! Yeah baby!

http://avalanche.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm?type=fvod&id=6843&catid=58

In my opinion there is NOTHING more exciting and rousing than the type of game the Av's had tonight. It was fast, it was tight, and the crowd was freaking nuts! It almost sounded like a crowd of enthusiastic Canadian hockey lovers! ha ha! I love it. Wish I was there in person to join in the fun. As it is I was sitting alone in my living room yelling at the television (the good kind of yelling though) and jumping all over the place. And it wasn't because I finally found that ever elusive bottle of Magellan Blue after Flash class last night :) No, the gin wasn't doing the talking - or the jumping - or the yelling. Just me being my dorky little self. It's ok, I can own it :)

So back to what was good: The pace was FAST (the faster the better, IMO). Fast makes things happen, more often than not. I don't subscribe to the faster = sloppier theory. The movers and the shakers make the plays. So fast. A good thing. Seriously, there nothing worse than a sloooow hockey game that runs at the pace of a (yawn) golf game. No offense, golfers. I'm not knocking you, but I could never get pumped over putting on the green.

The guys were definitely clicking tonight. It was exciting to watch because they were making some fantastic plays that weren't always predictable -- half the excitement comes when you can't decide whether or not the guy with the puck just made a tremendous maneuver or whether he's being a complete shithead for taking such a stupid risk. But it worked well for us tonight. If it hadn't I would have been doing more of the bad kind of yelling.

Damn, did I say the game was fun to watch????

Kudos to the crowd. They were on fire tonight (but seriously you'd have to be partially comatose to NOT get into tonight's game) so hooray for the fans -- and on a WEDNESDAY night of all things. *sigh* This girl needs to get to a game ASAP. I'm dying to go since I missed all of last year completely. I miss the loud obnoxious beer drinking fans. I miss the terrible music they play in-between plays. I miss the jumbo-tron with all the little kids dancing (aw, my son was featured on the dance screen earlier this season! He was a hit, let me tell you -- proud mama!), and I miss the awesome lemonades you get from the vendor that uses real lemons (add a shot of tequila and you have yourself a joyous little hockey beverage). Mmmmmmm. I haven't tried it with the frozen lemonades but I assume it would also be quite tasty.

Congrats to Svatos for making the winning shoot out goal. Did he make that look easy or what? Budaj was nothing less than amazing in net. And 2 high fives to Lapie (Lappie, Lappy, Lapi?) for scoring 2 goals tonight. His nose may have more twists than dead mans curve, but his shots were straight on tonight for sure!

Unfortuntely, due to the sheer excitement of tonights game, my javaScript homework did not get any closer to being done. Oh well.

Avs 4 - Oilers 3 in a shoot out!

No comments:

Post a Comment